Helping Employers Succeed
ACDS offers free services to help you launch your apprenticeship program, locate qualified IT talent, and train your team to meet your company's unique needs. With an apprenticeship program, you'll develop and retain skilled talent, save money and resources, and potentially earn state tax credits.
What is an Apprenticeship?
A registered apprenticeship is an employer-driven model that combines on-the-job learning with related classroom instruction that results in an employee becoming productive quickly. It is a proven solution for businesses to recruit, develop, and retain highly skilled workers.
Free recruiting services with access to a diverse candidate database
Free project management to implement apprenticeship
Free customized training per apprentice
Arkansas state tax credit of $2,000 per apprentice
Average 84% retention rate
ROI within 12 months
Savings range from $5,000 to $10,000 per apprentice
Source: U.S. Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship
5 Core Components of a Registered Apprenticeship
1. Business Involvement: Employers are the foundation of every registered apprenticeship program.
2. Structured-on-the-Job Training: Apprentices receive on-the-job training from an experienced mentor and their project teams for a minimum of one year.
3. Related Instruction: Apprenticeships combine on-the-job learning with technical skill-building provided by best-in-class providers including vendors, technical consultants, community colleges, and continuing education programs (higher ed) - provided online or at the job site.
4. Rewards for Skill Gains: Apprentices receive increases in wages as they demonstrate competency and apply higher level skills.
5. National Occupational Credential: Registered apprenticeship programs result in a nationally-recognized credential - a 100% guarantee to employers that apprentices are fully qualified for the job.
Occupation Specific Cohorts
Our Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship Programs are specific to the IT occupations you need most. While using DOL standards for apprenticeship, the training programs for each cohort will be tailored based on the specific needs of the employer’s business. Click below to find out more about our upcoming community cohorts and training opportunities.
Talent Acquisition Services
ACDS' Talent Acquisition Team is continually reviewing candidates in our ever-growing pipeline of diverse talent. After initial screenings and assessments, our TA Team then works with corporate hiring managers to
match potential IT candidates and company culture.
Tailored Classroom Training
From our network of experts, ACDS will identify the training partner providing the right curriculum for teaching the required skills for each specific IT occupation. Additional customization in the curriculum allows each company to teach their own specific processes and IT tools "the company way".
Project Management Services
Once an employer partner is ready to begin, the ACDS Project Management Office joins your team's efforts. ACDS' PMO guides the process of implementation ensuring all key components are in place for a successful apprenticeship program. The ACDS PMO will be there for implementation, from day one through to the completion of the program. This includes handling all of the paperwork with the Department of Labor.